Crispy Chicken Thighs in a Schmaltzy Vinaigrettekitch2022-06-27T11:11:26-04:00
1/3 cup EVOO, divided
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1 lb small Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into about 3/4 inch pieces
4 (6oz) skin on, bone in thighs
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper, divided
2 cups Brussels Sprouts, cut in half
1 1/2 cup rough chopped carrots
3 tbs finely chopped shallots
4 tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tbs light brown sugar
1) Pre heat oven to 450
2) Combine 1 to 2 tbs olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt and potatoes in a bowl, and toss to coat. Line a 1/2 baking sheet with parchment paper, add potatoes, and bake at 450 for 15 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove pan from oven, cover with foil to keep warm, and set aside.
3) Place a wire rack on another baking sheet. Heat 1 – 2 tbs oil in a large cast iron skillet on medium high. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, add to hot skillet skin side down. Cook about 8 minutes, or until skin gets crispy. flip and cook 2 more minutes ( chicken will NOT be cooked through) Reserve drippings in skillet. Place chicken on wire rack, and bake at 450 for about 10 more minutes, or until juices run clear, and temp is 165 degrees.
4) Return skillet to medium high heat. Add remaining salt, and pepper, halved Brussels Sprouts, and carrots to drippings in the pan, cover, and cook about 8 minutes stirring frequently, until carrots are al dente, and the sprouts are browning. Remove vegetables from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. ( do NOT wipe out pan)
5) Place shallots in a small bowl. Add vinegar to skillet, and scrape loose brown bits up. Add this vinegar mixture, remaining oil ( should be at least 2 tbs or so) and brown sugar to shallots, and stir to combine.
6) Place 1 cup potatoes, 1/2 cup veggie mixture on plate. Top with a thigh, and spoon shallot vinaigrette sauce over ( about 1.5 tbs or so)
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!