Slow Cooked Chicken Chili
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 x 16 oz. can black beans
- 1 x 16 oz. can kidney beans
- 1 medium chopped yellow onion
- 1 minced jalapeño pepper, or 2 Tbsp. minced Rockerbox Pickled Jalapeños
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 10 oz. pkg. frozen corn
- 1 x 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 x 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. Rockerbox Garlic Flakes
- 2.5 Tbsp. Rockerbox Fiesta Mix
- 1 tsp. salt
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken and cilantro in slow-cooker.
- Stir to combine.
- Place uncooked chicken on top and cover.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 30 minutes before serving, pull the chicken breasts apart with two forks.
- Stir shredded chicken into slow-cooker and continue cooking.
- Top with fresh cilantro or any other desired toppings.
- Pairs well with cornbread or tortilla chips.
Optional toppings: Additional cilantro, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, thinly sliced red onions, sour cream.
If you don’t have a slow-cooker, you can also use a large oven-safe pot. Simmer on the stovetop at 350°, stirring occasionally, for 3 hours.
Add 1 tsp Yellow Onion Dust or Green Onion Dust for more depth of flavor.